Saturday, October 25, 2014

#MySexySaturday LET'S PRETEND #MSSAuthor #Romance @MySexySaturday #Saturday7

I'm sharing another snippet for My Sexy Saturday blog hop. This week my seven sentences is from Let's Pretend, a second chance rom com about the love of family and that little spark that never goes away when you're with the one you're meant to be with. 

I know this week is suppose to be a bit Halloween. I don't do Halloween, but I do love sexy romance. 



Let's Pretend

Back Cover Copy


True love needs no pretence

When A&E trauma surgeon, Dr. Isobel Murphy, married sexy Irish firefighter, Lucas Delaney, she knew it was going to be forever. Unfortunately, she didn’t realise forever would only last five short years.

Keeping her failed marriage from her family seems like a piece of cake, until her grandmother calls a family gathering and Belle suspects she’s about to announce a critical illness. Making excuses for Luc’s absence, she flies home to Connecticut. Then delicious Lucas arrives for the three-day get-together and Belle knows things are going to get dicey. Especially since he still has the power to make her heart miss a beat, and her stomach bottom out.

When Belle asks him to pretend they’re still deeply in love, Luc doesn’t have a problem. He sees an opportunity to reclaim the love of his life. And he goes all out to remind Belle how it used to be between them, before long work hours and clashing schedules invaded their marriage. What he needs to know though, is, once the pretence is over, will Belle be applying for her decree absolute? Or will they be renewing wedding vows?


Sentence Excerpt

“What did you expect me to do? I was shocked to see you.”

“Interesting that your reflex to the shock of seeing me was to kiss me instead of slap me. Now that would have told everyone our marriage was in trouble.” He resumed his course toward the kitchen.

Aggravated beyond wisdom, Belle fell into step beside him. “Can I slap you now as a delayed reaction?” 



(C) Monique DeVere 2013
All Rights Reserved

*****


You can purchase Let's Pretend from any Amazon store-front, as well as several other booksellers, but here are two outlets for your convenience.




Please don't forget to check out the other fab authors participating in the My Sexy Saturday blog hop



Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...
bloggerwidgets
Close [x]

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really good story. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Christine. And thanks for taking the time to leave a comment for me :)

      Delete
  2. That sounds really good. I love snark and witty reparte.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks PJ. I love snark and witty, too. Not to mention cheeky! Just have to love dialogue :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I greatly appreciate it! :) :)