Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Good To Be Back

After almost three months off, I finally returned to work yesterday! I'm a full-time author, so when I say work, I mean writing. The last couple of years has been hijacked when my little girl was diagnosed with Leukaemia in 2009. I'm happy to report that, despite the huge hiccup with her developing pneumonia in December and then spending two months in hospital, she is now finally finished treatment! Praise the Lord!

We no longer have a child with the C-word or the L-word. No, we have a little nine-year-old who can look forward to a normal life again. She'll be monitored until she's sixteen but at least she has her life back. At the moment, she is still getting over her final Lumbar Puncture and Bone Marrow tests and the last little bit of antibiotics but, Hello, Life! Here we come!

Just before Meg was diagnosed, I was well on my way to concentrating on my writing career. Needless to say that the last two and a bit years has sidelined me a bit.

Like I said, I started back yesterday and fully intend to get some new books out into the market ASAP. I don't think it would come as a surprise that I have decided to go Indie--why wouldn't I, right? It seems like the smart thing to do since clearly I will never crack the HMB market. My last attempt got rejected for the same as the others--too much external conflict.

I guess I don't know how to write a book without too much external conflict, so I'll simply write my books knowing that I can't be the only reader who likes external conflict. Therefore I must have readers out there waiting for my books to entertain them :o).

So this is me, Monique DeVere, back and ready to tackle the publishing world. I can't wait to share my books with you!  
bloggerwidgets
Close [x]

4 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I greatly appreciate it! :) :)